“We are proud to be associated with this highly ambitious and driven individual”
Sponsoring ambitous young golfers
As part of our commitment to upcoming golfing talent, Aberdeen is proud to support Sam Osborne who competes on the US golfing circuit.
About Sam Osborne
As a 6’ 4” Englishman playing in the United States, Sam has certainly made his mark on the Hooters Tour on which he is currently playing. After turning pro in 2004, Sam has continued to show incredible determination to succeed in the professional game; he was recently described as England’s most improved and consistent golfer over the past 12 months.
Sam's career highlights:
- In 2000 he won the Devil’s Punchbowl, in 2001 he was the Wentworth Club Champion, and in 2002 Sam was a semi-finalist at the English Amateur Championship and 3rd in the St. Mellion International Trophy
- In 2003, with + 3 handicap Sam finished 4th in the St Andrews Links Trophy, 3rd in the Lagonda Trophy and was a quarter finalist in the British Amateur Championship
- Sam has had a taste of the Tour, making the cut in the Portuguese Open, before impressively winning stages 1 & 2 of the 2004 Q School whilst still an amateur
- During 2005 Sam was invited to play in the Dubai Desert Classic, in his opening round he had an incredible 6 birdies in the first 11 holes, which put him at the top of the Leader board alongside Ernie Els
- He has played well in 2011 and has had two victories along with 18 Top Ten finishes on the West Florida Golf Tour