Intensive, fundamental company research is at the heart of our approach
How our global equity investment process works
- regional managers use first hand research to identify what we believe are good quality companies
- the global equities team identifies relative value, mispricing opportunities and non-correlated assets from the stocks on the buy list, which is a compilation of the regional equity buy lists
About our company research
We never invest in a company before our regional equity research teams have met with management at least once and the company has met our strict quality and price criteria.
We continue monitoring companies after we’ve invested, including meeting company management regularly. We know our holdings inside out.
We’re not driven by benchmarks. We’re happy to take large active positions in quality companies. Equally, if we don’t like a stock we won’t buy it, regardless of its weight in the index.
What we look for in companies
- An experienced management team with a track record of delivering results in all economic conditions and of maximizing shareholder value
- Strong balance sheets – relatively strong cashflows, and low leverage defined as a company's level of long-term debt compared to its equity capital
- Companies that will create profits over time. Our portfolio turnover is low because we ignore market noise